Quarks were discovered inside protons and neutrons in the early 1970s, and it is suggested by some theorists that they might themselves contain particles known as ‘preons’. The idea wasn’t entirely unrealistic, but raised further questions, as-yet-unanswered; it is our understanding and that of most physicists that quarks, electrons and all other particles are best described as being vibrations of ‘superstrings’. The best way to describe superstrings is as multi-dimensional entities far smaller than the smallest sub-atomic particle.
We offer you the world
- Anonymous on Strange Flames
- Canister Vacuum on Acupuncture changes brain’s perception and processing of pain
- Luetta Bertalan on Pathophysiology of Diabetes
- Phil Krause on Nummulites: The biggest single cells that ever lived.
- alfy on Medieval leprosy genomes shed light on disease’s history
- alfy on Huashan Cliffside Path
- RS Mallory on The Ballpoint Pen Turns 75 Years Old Today
- Normand Metta on Even ancient mummies had clogged arteries
- Floria Grzywacz on The Leaf Cycle
- Phil Krause on Red Wine Chemical Could Let You Live to 150