Albert Einstein supposedly created a riddle in the late 1800s, and it is said that he claimed 98% of the world population couldn’t find a solution. In reality, it isn’t that difficult, and the true origin is not known. We offer our variation of the riddle for your enjoyment – Deskarati –
There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is on the left of the white house.
- The green home owner drinks coffee.
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The man living in the centre house drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
- The German smokes prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.